So yesterday I did a stupid thing. I know, I know, what else is new?
I had some potatoes in the microwave, baking in a plastic bag. The bag sealed itself shut so I stopped the microwave and waited for it to deflate, then I opened it. Big mistake. There was still plenty of pressure and the steam burst out and I guess I have a 2nd degree burn on my left thumb now. It blistered up immediately.
I immediately put it under running cold water and ended up doing that several times before getting some ice on it. Any time I’d take the ice off for more than 20 or 30 seconds, it would start burning again.
I had to go to the grocery store bakery (our only one in town!) to order a cake for this weekend so while I was there I got myself some stuff for burns and once it took effect, it really felt a lot better.
Hopefully this blister and stuff will go away soon! Eventually I’m going to need to do some dishes, and type with two hands, lol… Oy, but will there ever be an end to my stupidity??